Saturday, June 27, 2009

take that, rewind it back

Remember how last week I tried to climb without stressing too much before the race while still getting my endurance workout in? I just jotted some stuff down afterwards while I was at YVR waiting for Tina:

A small success: 2 long traverses and some overhung stuff. I suppose it should be 'long', though, because my traverses are pretty sad! I have to improve my endurance to the point where I can make it around the gym on a single traverse. This time, I only made it about a 6th of the way, and I can only blame so much on people being in the way!

This weekend, the team's in Vancouver, competing at Rio Tinto Alcan, our biggest dragonboat race yet! This is where we find out exactly how we measure up against the best teams on the west coast. It's exciting, but I'm slightly apprehensive as far as my personal performance goes. I haven't really had time to train as much as I'd like. I've only been to 2 practices after falling off my bike and before that, only 4 or so after the cast came off! And it definitely feels like I haven't had a chance to get back into paddling form. All that means though, is that this weekend, it has to be mind over body! I can't let myself get tired in any of the races.

edit: pic of the men's boat after their first race on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment